Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Capitol Steps Come to Wichita

I had a chance last week to hear the Capitol Steps do a concert of their political comedy in Wichita. I had never heard of this group, but someone in church had an extra ticket and asked if I wanted to go with her and some others from church planning to attend as a group.

It was a very fun time. The political humor was quite inspired, but what I really liked was the pace of the concert. Like the Energizer bunny, they just kept going and going, taking no breaks between skits, and there was no intermission. They just went and went, and then announced it was over. When they introduced themselves at the end, I was surprised that there were only 5 of them (plus the piano player).

Examples of their humorous songs can be heard by going to their website.

No comments: