A CNN anchor asked if the Republicans were going to continue to try to make an issue of Obama and his ties to the Illinois governor. The analyst she was talking to said "that would be speculation", to which she responded "I'm just asking".
This seems to me to be at best disingenuous, and at worst downright phony. Any journalist should know that the news people who get to ask the questions control the national political agenda. Further, the way the questions are asked usually contain innuendoes which make the questioner's point clear.
This idiot CNN anchor should have kept quiet and allowed the analyst to answer her "question". This is exactly what an MSNBC anchor did this morning when the analyst he was questioning responded "You make a good point". The questioner (Scarborough) said nothing, understanding much better than the idiot CNN anchor did that there are disguised statements in most questions. Perhaps this illustrates the difference in quality between CNN and MSNBC.
1. Lawrence-Dumont Stadium. One of the most beautiful stadiums in the country, you look out over the Wichita skyline as you watch the game. After losing the AA Wranglers, the city did well to agree for an independent league team to become the new tenant. As I predicted, the independent league team, called the Wingnuts, did better than the Wranglers had done in drawing fans to the stadium.
2. Old Town. The former skid row and warehouse district has been rejevenated, with two beautiful plazas, two new hotels, and many upsacale bars and restaurants.
3. New arena. A new arena is nearing completion, located downtown where an arena should be.
4. Segwick County Zoo. A wonderful zoo, faturing animals in their natural habitats, and with major new exhibits opening every few years.
5. Exploration Place. Wonderful science center, located right on the river.
6. Keeper of the Plains. A statue by Native American artist Blackbear Bosin, which rises tall where the two branches of the river meet.
7. Sim Park. Along with many other parks which feature good bike paths and/or hiking trails.
8. Lorraine Avenue Mennonite Church. Full of wonderful folks and with great pastoral leadership.
9. KMUW. The local public radio station; favorite shows are Morning Edition, Talk of the Nation, Fresh Air, evening jazz, Prairie Home Companion, and BBC World News Overnight. Also good is KHCC, the other public radio station located in Hutchinson. Only problem with it is I sometimes can't pick up the signal. Favorite shows there are the alternative music shows Hearts of Space and Night Crossings.
10. Good restaurants. My favorites include Hometwon Buffet, Furr's Cafeteria, Kobe's Steakhouse, The Great Wall, Don's, and the Riverside Cafe.