Wednesday, July 22, 2020

2020 MLB Predictions

AL East  --  Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, Blue Jays, Orioles

Only issue here is between Sox and Rays for second. I'm going with the Sox.

AL Central  --  Indians, Twins, White Sox, Royals, Tigers

I originally had the Twins in first, but the Indians young rotation impresses me. Had the Indians gotten rid of Lindor, I would have dropped them down, maybe even to third.

AL West  --  Astros, Angels, A's, Rangers, Mariners

I usually find an excuse to rank the Angels higher than they deserve. Here it is the free agent signing of Anthony Rendon.

NL East  --  Braves, Nationals, Phillies, Mets, Marlins

This is the most puzzling division to predict. Any of the top four teams could win it. I look for the Nats to have a letdown after their amazing run last year. Keeping Strasburg should help in 2020, although the 7-year contact given to a player who's been on the DL ten times is ludicrous.

NL Central  --  Brewers, Cardinals, Cubs, Reds, Pirates

There's something about the Brewers that interests me; it seems I always enjoy watching them play.  I actually think the Reds will finish higher then fourth, but I don't know which of the top teams to drop down to fourth.

NL West  --  Dodgers, Diamondbacks, Padres, Rockies, Giants

D'Backs signed Madison Bumgarner, showing a desire to compete. Padres still have the top-ranked farm system, but that doesn't mean they will compete this year.

No comments: